View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWolfpack
My girlfriend is in the midst of purchasing a 1999 38' Carver motor boat.
It comes with twin Chevy 350 engines and Mercruiser outdrives.

It's not possible to find these boats with diesels unless you go to California or maybe Florida and you are looking at some serious money on top on the price of the boat.

I have spoken with several boat captains and explained I wish we could find my girlfriend a boat with diesels and they said if you are talking about a weekend boat and some fresh water trips and maybe even in salt water every few years, then gas is fine. You won't recoup the price of the diesels.
It all depends on how you use the boat. If you run 50 hours on it a year gas is fine. If you do 200+ a year then diesel makes sense. Also if you fish the boat diesel really is the only way to go.

Another point come time to sell say you have two equal boats with 1,500 or so hours on them. The diesel boat will be worth far more because the engines have several thousand hours of life left in them. 1,500 hour gas engines are at the end of their life.

Unless you do nothing to a W126 and just drive it into the ground I find it hard to beleive that a Toyota would cost more to own.
2007 Tiara 3200