View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 09:29 PM

hatt:
Who says it cant be cheaper AND likable?

Ole shlomo might just be my grad school car if he holds up ok!

I do not agree that pimping my car will make it see the junkyard faster. Im fixing to sew cow print seat inserts and add some tacky puffball trim around the roof=) not that im going to sew this cheap fabric to the pristine original seats or permanantly attach this trim, i just want a car i can laugh at when i ride in it=)

Fun is something i look for in a car, the mercedes is pretty lacking in that area. i think a lot of people want fun cars, i did when i bought the leon. a high revving 4 cyl, 5 speed and all that big stereo stuff in there. it even has the rainbow upholstery. now tha its a few years old, its tired.

this whole thread is about the timelessness of these little guys, keeping them running and on the road instead of in garages. are you guys worried about the beetles too?

Beetles, as i see it, are in more danger than these old mercs. ive cringed many times when i heard a 16 year old dropping the clutch and actually accelerating in one. acceleration is bad! heh heh let alone these children going 80 in them. although i wonder how long they can hold that speed(did the same thing in one of my beetles...but i actually learned, didnt just buy a honda....)