View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 07:44 AM

Shot in the Arm (AC)

Amazing what it sometimes takes to perk the spirits . . . having worked last year to get the AC working again on my '87 300TD only to find it would not work again this year contributed to dampening my spirits on diving into my many MB projects. A few words of encouragement from Brian Carlton, hitting the search feature, and pulling on the examination gloves got me off my a**. Now I am enjoying AC again. Reading several posts including the caveats from Larry Bible got me through the troubleshooting procedures safely and with good results.

I had switched from the Klima to the ice-cube relay last year and it worked. When I tried the AC this summer, the compressor would not engage. After a few half-hearted attempts at solving the problem I gave up and drove w/o AC. Yesterday, I started in using the advice previously used and all indications seemed to point to needing the system recharged. How could that be after having it done last year and being told it really was not too low? The tests rarely lead us in the wrong direction . . . took it to a local shop and sure enough, it was low or vacated. A leak was found and fixed. Cold air once again spills from the vents. Now I am moving forward with my other projects . . . Thanks to the membership of this forum . . .
Steve
'77 VW Type II - 77K - Restored
'08 250EX Ninja
English Bulldog (Brier) - My best friend. Passed away 12/02/04 while in my arms.