Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Classified Ads > Mercedes-Benz Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vista, CA
Posts: 345
For sale. 300D manual flywheel now $400

I am selling my 300D manual flywheel that i picked up a few weeks ago. These are pretty rare, but i have no real need for it. Part # is visible in the pictures.
Now i did not get a real good indication of what this thing is worth, so i am pricing it at $700. If it does not sell, i will lower the price until it does. Shipping would be around $40. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
For sale. 300D manual flywheel-002.jpg   For sale. 300D manual flywheel-004.jpg   For sale. 300D manual flywheel-005.jpg  

Last edited by spamman450; 10-26-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 144
uh, i'm not trying to beat you down, man, but i'd hate to see someone played the fool. I bought a brand new one from the classic center last month for $551 plus tax (because I live in CA). they are still available new.

ken
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vista, CA
Posts: 345
I am aware of the classic center having flywheels. Several people have reported not being able to obtain them because allegedly they don't want people modding non euro cars, or something to that extent. If it does not sell, i will be happy to lower the price.
__________________

1979 240D with a 617 turbo diesel.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texafornia
Posts: 5,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamman450 View Post
I am selling my 300D manual flywheel that i picked up a few weeks ago. These are pretty rare, but i have no real need for it. Part # is visible in the pictures.
Now i did not get a real good indication of what this thing is worth, so i am pricing it at $700. If it does not sell, i will lower the price until it does. Shipping would be around $40. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks
I dont have any 240d flywheels--but im gonna go find one and I want $400 for it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-26-2010, 09:11 AM
winmutt's Avatar
85 300D 4spd+tow+h4
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Atl Gawga
Posts: 9,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by panZZer View Post
I dont have any 240d flywheels--but im gonna go find one and I want $400 for it
A 240D FW is worth its weight at the scrapper and thats about it.

That is complete BS about classic parts not wanting ppl to modify non euro cars. Complete and utter BS. If anything they ENCOURAGE it. I bought my 15mm swaybar and gwagen fw/clutch setup from them and they were quite enthused.

I could say more about the asking price, but this isnt my sale
__________________
http://superturbodiesel.com/images/sig.04.10.jpg
1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1994 E320 Cabriolet
1995 E320 Touring
2001 Eurovan FOR SALE
1985 300D car, sold and missed.
OBK #42
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Stretch's Avatar
...like a shield of steel
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somewhere in the Netherlands
Posts: 14,461
Please PM me with the price you get for it - I can probably finds loads of them over here - we could go into business together!
__________________
1992 W201 190E 1.8 171,000 km - Daily driver
1981 W123 300D ~ 100,000 miles / 160,000 km - project car stripped to the bone
1965 Land Rover Series 2a Station Wagon CIS recovery therapy!
1961 Volvo PV544 Bare metal rat rod-ish thing

I'm here to chat about cars and to help others - I'm not here "to always be right" like an internet warrior



Don't leave that there - I'll take it to bits!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texafornia
Posts: 5,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
Please PM me with the price you get for it - I can probably finds loads of them over here - we could go into business together!
A partnership is the riskiest form of a buisness--You should just source them and supply to the US---We have been waiting for someone like you to get it in gear-im serious -you could do a brisk buisness, not a huge market but you could sell everyone you could pull out of old rusty 207-308d trucks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston Tx
Posts: 30
The manual flywheel for my M110 was $75. During the conversion of my 280TE from auto to manual, I ordered most of the parts form the Classic Center, and they could not be more helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vista, CA
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmutt View Post
A 240D FW is worth its weight at the scrapper and thats about it.

That is complete BS about classic parts not wanting ppl to modify non euro cars. Complete and utter BS. If anything they ENCOURAGE it. I bought my 15mm swaybar and gwagen fw/clutch setup from them and they were quite enthused.
I was going off of what a few people said in a thread i created in Diesel Discussion. I personally have no experience with the classics center so it could be totally untrue.

Anybody have any interest around 400 bucks? If you pick it up locally i will throw in a manual tranny that needs a bearing or two. It made alot of noise in all gears before i pulled it, but shifted fine.
__________________

1979 240D with a 617 turbo diesel.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texafornia
Posts: 5,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamman450 View Post
I was going off of what a few people said in a thread i created in Diesel Discussion. I personally have no experience with the classics center so it could be totally untrue.

Anybody have any interest around 400 bucks? If you pick it up locally i will throw in a manual tranny that needs a bearing or two. It made alot of noise in all gears before i pulled it, but shifted fine.
Is it a flat case gearbox or the sloping one?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-26-2010, 09:00 PM
lutzTD's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lutz, Florida (N of Tampa)
Posts: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX 280te View Post
The manual flywheel for my M110 was $75. During the conversion of my 280TE from auto to manual, I ordered most of the parts form the Classic Center, and they could not be more helpful.

can you give me a name of your contact? the treatment I got over the phone and through email when I was trying to get 5 spd shifter and shift rods was completely rude and condescending. the guy told me they do not support changing US cars and that is the message I have spread here I guess they have decided that a sale is a sale but 8-10 months ago they were real aholes. I got a shifter from ebay.de but I never did get a set of rods.

local pickup $400 is fair if its not drilled or cut, I waited 2 years for mine
__________________

1982 300CD Turbo (Otis, "ups & downs") parts for sale
2003 TJ with Hemi (to go anywhere, quickly) sold
2001 Excursion Powerstroke (to go dependably)
1970 Mustang 428SCJ (to go fast)
1962 Corvette LS1 (to go in style)
2001 Schwinn Grape Krate 10spd (if all else fails)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vista, CA
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by panZZer View Post
Is it a flat case gearbox or the sloping one?
Its the older non aluminum one.
__________________

1979 240D with a 617 turbo diesel.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texafornia
Posts: 5,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamman450 View Post
Its the older non aluminum one.
Yes but is it a sloping back up to the bell or flat going nup to the bell? this is a later two piece sloping cas they have 8 bolts bolting up the bell the earlier ones have 6 I think -the back of the case does not angle up-its flat e

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page