|
|
|
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Cleaning Headliner
I was wondering what is safe to use for cleaning off the headliner. I have lots of dirt/scum on the portion of the headliner on the sun roof (area that retracts). What's an appropriate cleaner?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Depending on the model, you have either a cloth-like, vinyl-like or MB-Tex-type material as a headliner...you would use different products on each.
I would go with a leather cleaner on the MB-Tex, Simple Green on the vinyl, or Tuff Stuff on the cloth. Each of my MBs have a different headliner material, and this is what works for me. My REAL problem isn't the sunroof area (although it does get dirty), but my wife's makeup...somehow, she gets it on the visors, pillars, doors, etc...
__________________
2009 ML350 (106K) - Family vehicle 2001 CLK430 Cabriolet (80K) - Wife's car 2005 BMW 645CI (138K) - My daily driver 2016 Mustang (32K) - Daughter's car |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
LOL! Wow, my wife must be a real pro! She's always putting makeup on but never gets any on the car! My 19 month old daughter... that's another story!
Anyhow I have a 92 400e. The headliner seems to be some kind of vinyl with a fine cross hatch light grey pattern. I did try a bit of Lexol vinyl cleaner but it seems to leave to much of a "shine". I'll give the Simple Green a try! Thanks. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I find that majority of the quality carpet cleaners work extremely well when removing the grease marks from the sunroof area as well as the black soot that builds up near the roof handles.
Meguiars makes a good one.
__________________
Afshin Current: 02 C32 AMG Previous: 92 500E 84 190E 2.3 5 Spd |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
headliner
i work at a detailing place and to clean headliners we use something called HC. Its just in a clear bottle so im not sure of any brands but its some strong stuff! it takes every stain out of pretty much anywhere on the car. Ill try and find out what it is and tell you guys
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|