Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 01-04-2005, 12:53 PM
WANT '71 280SEL's Avatar
I'll Go Upside Your Head!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,378
Want to flush coolant on SDL

1. Where is the block drain. Do I even need to drain the block or can I just pull a plug on the radiator to empty everything out?
2. Does the radiator have some sort of drain plug?
3. I want to use a citric flush agent from one of the chain stores. (Prestone)
4. After I've some how drained all the coolant out, I add the flushing agent (through the upper hose I figured) and just water or a coolant/water mix?

I would then run the car with the agent + water(and coolant?)mix with the heater on high? Don't I want to get the car up to temp? Should the thermostat be removed for this? Any special parts needed to temporarily remove thermostat (gaskts, o-rings)

I appreciate any help.
Thanks
David
__________________
_____________________________________________

2000 Honda Accord V6 137k miles

1972 300SEL 4.5 98k miles

_____________________________________________
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page