Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Vintage Mercedes Forum

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 08-14-2004, 04:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Varies
Posts: 4,741
1975 450SEL Request for Help to Get Running

I have volunteered to help a friend get a 1975 450SEL running after the car has been stored for awhile. I am not sure how long. I have not tried myself to make it run so I am after general systems information for now.

The data plate under the hood says it is a 276ci engine. By searching old threads and reading the scarce reference material I have on this car I think it is an M117.983 (4.5L). I think the body is a W116.033.

This is a V8. The injection is electronic and I think it is L-Jetronic. The distributor has ignition points.

Do you have any favorite threads you could point me to for this car? Searches came up pretty thin.

1) Is the ignition a straight points ignition with no interface to the controller?

2) Hydraulic lifters or solid? I think solid?

3) Electric fuel pump? Not in tank?

He told me that when he tried to start it the car would run for a few seconds and die. It may have run a few minutes one time. He says he thinks it has an ignition problem. We shall see.

Thanks if you can offer any insight or experience.

One thread that I read lamented the lack of these cars remaining on the road. I will be happy to help this one run again and document my experience here to possibly help the next person who tries.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page