View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 03:08 PM

Two Weeks Ago I couldn't Even Spell Shef, Now I Can Spell Giada De Laurentiis!!

To be honest I have been cooking since I was twelve. My Dad owned a cafe and I became a pretty good griddle cook. In my early twenties I became a very good grillemaster by watching others and experimenting on my own. I have several recipes for marinades and BBQ sauces to my credit. I have been told many times that I should open a restaurant.

But about a two weeks ago my wife and I began to watch Everyday Italian . Mama used to say "skinny people can't cook" but this woman is the exception. Maybe her head is too big for that tiny body and yes, she puts the 'wonder' back in 'Wonder Bra' but she sure can cook!! Wife says there's NO WAY she can eat what she cooks and stay that tiny though. Regardless, I have tried several of her recipes and had great success. My wife now refers to me as "The Cook".

The secrets are extra virgin olive oil (that's olive oil that no man has ever even looked at real hard) and garlic.

Now, as soon as I find out what sautee' and couscous mean, I'm gonna be the cat's meow. (That's just a figure of speech, I would never cook a cat. Heck, I don't even know how to skin one!)