View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor
I am buying a set of snows for mine...trying to Decide between the Blizzak WS-50 and the Michelin X-ICE........Googling up some reviews put the X-ICE above the Blizzak.....

This will be my first winter in the Benz (sold my snow car) ..and first rear wheel drive car without limited slip rear I have had since 1979...

I never could understand why folks purchase serious snow tires in states that have limited snowfall (Virginia) or even here in NY where they have a relatively excellent highway department. Once the road is plowed, the sun takes over within a couple of hours and the snow tires are not needed.

The only benefit is when you get caught in a snowstorm, prior to the arrival of the plow.

In such a condition, the MB won't do all that great, but, simply drive the vehicle slower with more care on acceleration and stopping. How often do you actually get caught in a snowstorm?

I'd never spend the money on winter tires unless I lived in rural Vermont or Montana or places that get heavy snow for days on end.

Kind of reminds me of all the people who must purchase an SUV because they have to be prepared for the snow..............as if they would be stranded in a snowfall with a Camry.