Thread: 86 300E 5 speed
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:04 AM
LarryBible

Niel,

I don't understand your question, but I will tell you that the '86 and '88 transmissions are totally different. They even have different shift patterns with reverse in a different location.

Everyone,

An update on my 300E suspension. My car has been through quite a few experiments since the post in this thread and I have gone almost full circle to find what I like the most as a suspension combination.

My car now has the original front sway bar back in place and a 500E bar in the rear. The sport KYB's are gone in favor of Bilstien comforts.

Stiffening the rear bar only, takes away about as much understeer as can be removed without changing springs. I am not changing springs because of loss of suspension suppleness (is that a word?) We are dealing with the worst drought here since 1956 and some of the farm roads are heaving in places so I would not want to go to shorter, stiffer springs.

I recently took the car to the mountains on vacation and the combination of the heaviest rear bar along with the lightest front bar has removed a noticable amount of understeer.

I just wish that from the very beginning I would have simply put in a 500E rear bar and left everything else alone.

Have a great day,