Thread: MegaSquirt
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 12:53 AM
W109, Floating on air!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomguy
So, one of my car-guru buddies turned me on to this yesterday. I've been reading up on it, and it seems really nice. Has anybody here tried this, to replace either D-Jet or K-Jet? How did it work, if so> It's pretty cheap, I could easily do it for under $300 on my 4.5.

Anyone have any opinions on it?
Do lots of searching on both Megasquirt and D-jet. The MS forum is a good place to start. This a quote from one of the posts:

Using the D-Jet system will require you either fabricate a TPS (the stock D-Jet unit is just a switch), or you use the MAPdot option (search here for more info on this) and don't use a TPS at all. The other D-Jet sensors can be matched to the MS, except the MPS, which you'll replace with the MAP sensor in the MS (this is good, as the D-Jet MPS is impossible to rebuild properly, and finding working one is difficult). If you get a really complete system, it will even have a fuel pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, though these parts can be sourced separately fairly easily. The D-Jet injectors are low-impedence (search here if you don't know what that means).

I've been doing some investigating but I have not started any work yet. Also since the K-jet is a mechanical system it is not as easy to adapt to MS.