Thread: "new" 560 sel
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 12:25 PM

Question "new" 560 sel

I reacently bought a 1986 560 sel with 232,280 miles on it (second engine) and except for the gas milage it the best car I've ever owned. First and most importantly i recently started to smell gasoline inside the car and in the trunk right after filling up, upon visual inspection everything is intact but all my books that were in the trunk reak of gasoline, i would like to look at the tank from the other side but i dont know how to remove the rear reclining seat. while i had the rear trunk panel down i noticed a white plastic cylindrical tank that the wire had been disconacted from, i reconnected it but i dont know what it does, i dont think its related to the self-levaling suspension because my car either does not have it or it does not work. Lastly the antena was snaped off so i bought another one from MB and instaled it but it wont fully retract, you can hear the motor trying and all the lights dim untill it gives up, i dont think the motor assembly is OE, it does not have a star on it or a "made in Germany." i will be grateful to any advice you can offer and if you can tell me where i can find a maual for it would apreciate it.