View Single Post
Old 07-03-2001, 10:24 AM
Randall Grubbs

At the drag strip I toasted a '95 Z28 manual (LT 1). I was amazed at how I really just walked away from him. Afterward, I talked to the guy and all he had to say was "Gee, thats a pretty fast car!" I responded by saying how nice his car looked.
I had a new 996 surfing through traffic pass me and at the next light he got in front of me in the center lane. The car that was in the right lane turned so I pulled around the guy and sat next to him. It was a 3 lane road and my lane disappeared a little ways up. Light turns green, we ease out, I'm 1/2 car length ahead in 2nd gear, we nail it. My car grabs 1st rips up to 40, then 2nd, traction light is on, the car is rip-snorting screaming for all its worth - the 996 keeps falling farther behind! Either he can't shift the car well or he's got tiptronic or something but he couldn't catch me. After that the guy just sorta hung back. PS - no speeding involved (kinda).
I won't tell you about the e36 M3 that was passed (slooowly though I might add) by the old E class Mercedes.
And, lastly, you'll have to see my older post about the LS 1 Z28 with race car exhaust that pulled on me slightly down here on the Texas race track. I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy but I guarantee you he's going back to the garage for more mods.

Randy
'94 E500

[Edited by Randall Grubbs on 07-03-2001 at 10:29 AM]