. . . here's a few
I'm certainly no expert but here's some I have used:
1)Check the paint job: the paint surface appears as ripples;
2) Underneath the car, check for seams in the undercoat or patched workmanship;
3) All replacement MB body parts have an "R" on their pn sticker;
4) The driver's door labels are missing;
5) Shows in the Carfax report (not very often);
6) The car's seams don't fit properly;
7) Driving behind the car in question and you see it's going down the road sideways!
I'm sure there's a bunch more but if you find these, beware.
Regards . . . . JimF
'94 S500 Cpe
Visit my Mercedes Web Page