View Single Post
Old 07-11-2001, 10:51 PM
Ashman's Avatar
Ashman Ashman is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 4,748

All you need to do is have your alternator taken to a good alternator shop. the ca rewind it to major amps. My fathers lucas alternator in his car was doubled in power that way, by rebuilding it and having it rewound for higher amps.

a friend had his suburban alternator rewound to 200 amps.

It does however come at a price to the tune of $400 or more to get it done.

like I said, I love how I can drain the optima, and then just jump it and it starts and is charged very quickly.

'92 300CE - Sold
2004 C240 - C7 Wheels - Android Radio
2015 ML350 - P1, Pano, Ash poplar wood, Sport Dinamica interior, Running Boards Keyless go.
Reply With Quote