View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam4
Note

"Well if you can't get em replaced, remember to keep your hands at 10 and 2 o'clock on the wheel at all times, and don't wear spikey jewelry"

The rules are different now- 10 and 2 o'clock is pre-air bags. Now, if you were in drivers education class- it's 9 and 3 or 8 and 4 o'clock.

I've contemplated this one for a while- my car is an 1986 which puts the airbag past it's 20 year life. How "fresh" would a new airbag be?

Michael
Not sure I want my hands firing into the door panel at 9 and 3 or 8 and 4, shifter too at 8 and 4. Rather have them break the glass and hit the mirror. Less broken bones that way!

As for the older air bags. They will still fire but they may not inflate the bag due to dry rot of the bag. But I have never seen that as of yet. Then again I try not to make my bags fire in any cars..... Plus I wear my seatbelt always so hopefully will not have to worry about hitting the bag too much....

1986 190E 2.3 Black, Auto, Mods to come soon.....