View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 11:39 AM

Been turnin MB diesel engines over with the PS pump nut for over 20 years to adjust valves. Have done it on hundreds of cars without a problem. I'll bet someone did that once and coincidently the pump started leaking. That's how wive's tales get started.

It is not only 123 but all the MB Webasto sunroofs have been bullet proof through the years. When you consider how many thousands and thousands are in service, some are going to break but not many. I think the key is that MB has traditionally thrown more money at mfgs and said make it the best. That sort of ended when they went with Chrysler. MB is learning how to produce inferior products at a higher profit. Webasto now makes sun roofs for domestic cars. They have a huge plant in Michigan but the roofs are not the same. You can complain about having to repair your pop up slider and complain about the parts cost, but at least you can repair it. I was asked to look at a roof on a fairly new Chrysler. It is riveted together plastic. As far as I could tell you had to replace the whole unit, and it was a Webasto.