View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor
Plus you have to remember Missisippi was hard hit too, along with other areas OUTSIDE of New Orleans....but certain groups want people to think ONLY NOLA , or it was only blacks that were effected. As evidenced by the near total lack of coverage by the mainstream news of any of the surrounding areas. And I AM very curious about how Missisippi is fairing after all of this.
Thanks for asking! Things are getting back to normal, slow but sure. Mississippi didn’t wait around and had quite a bit in place before Katrina. State officials did comment that the one thing that knocked them down was how far north the hurricanes effects were felt. They set up command in Jackson, which was hit at CAT 2 strength, leaving much of this area without power for much of a week. No nonsense looting laws and curfews were in place from day one. I took some 600+ digital photos that still shock me, as towns like Waveland are all but gone. If there was a anecdotal part of the whole mess it was when the Governor was asked by media why there were so few National Guard Troops assisting replied. “Ninety Percent of Mississippi’s National Guard is in God Dam Iraq”.
98 E300 DT
97 E420 Donor Car - NEED PARTS? PM ME!
97 S500
97 E300D
86 Holden Jackaroo Turbo D
86 300SDL
(o\|/o)