Thread: Laws Schmlaws
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dculkin
I'm not sure what the Democrats knew about the President's warrentless wire-taps, but what you say is consistent with their silly behavior about WMD intelligence. I, finally, gave up on John Kerry when he recently claimed to have been misled on WMD. W didn't mislead John Kerry about WMD, W mislead the country and made it politically difficult for John Kerry to oppose W's invasion of Iraq.

So, what you say about the Democrats is certainly consistent with their past behavior, but I'm not sure they are guilty on the wiretap issue. I think we have to wait and see on that one.
Of course we have to wait and see. We don't know that the claims of the NY Times are accurate. It's another one of those accusations by anonymous sources. It maybe true. I don't know. I'm willing to bet there is a lot of truth in it. Is it illegal?

The Whitehouse claims, and no senator or representative has yet denied, that the senior leadership and committee members of the intel committees from both parties were all briefed several times per year. Yesterday the best that Harry Reid could say was, yes, he'd been briefed but it was the president's responsibility to make sure it was legal.

Great job of oversight, Senator Reid. He knew his fingerprints and signature were going to be attached to the thing and he didn't question it? I'd sure like to sell that silly fool some real estate.

Bot