View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 03:24 PM

RE: Troubleshooting Input for 190D That Won't Start

I've been gone from the forum quite a long time, but all you folks that helped me with your suggestions ..... I got my 190D started, finally! Wanted to give everyone feedback on what the problem was. It was the glow plugs -three out of four were bad, but the relay and the ground strap within the system were fine. I still have an intermittant problem with the glow plug indicator light in the dash - it doesn't always light up when I am starting the vehicle. If it does light up, I fire it off the moment it goes out, and she'll start immediately. If it does not light up when I turn the key on, I wait the same approximate time that it usually stays on, then turn the key the remainder of the way, and she'll start, but not immediately - usually turns over four times, then she'll fire off every time so far. But, I am delighted to have my car back on the road. I finally pulled together the money and paid someone to fix it, as the glow plugs were difficult to access, and I didn't want to screw anything up by disassembling stuff. I want to thank everyone for all of your helpful suggestions - this is a wonderful and useful forum and I will stay!

Sincerely, Michaela
1984 190D