View Single Post
Old 07-24-2001, 11:36 AM
wrotella

Roll bar warning lights..

This is not a direct response to the posted question, but relates to the roll bar operation in my 90 500 SL. Recently, I noticed that the two upward pointing arrows in the console swith for the roll bar were flashing while the bar was in the lowered position. If I used the switch to raise the bar to the full upright position, they went out. I had the car serviced. In fact my shop sent it to an authorized dealer for the issue, and I was told that the Electronic Control Module was replaced. Things seemed fine when I got the car back. The soft top was up and the roll bar was down. Once I lowered the soft top, the roll bar automatically raised at the end of the cycle. When I tried to lower it using the console switch, the two arrows again lighted AND the warning light for the roll-bar, in the instrument panel, also lighted. Both lights will go out if I raise the roll bar. Any thoughts? It's behaving as though the car detects that the automatic deployment detection system is inactive, hence the "warning" that to be safe I should raise the bar............