View Single Post
Old 07-25-2001, 04:35 PM
MBenzNL

Re: Roll bar warning lights..

Quote:
Originally posted by wrotella
It's behaving as though the car detects that the automatic deployment detection system is inactive, hence the "warning" that to be safe I should raise the bar............
This statement is correct. The system detects that there is a problem in the system and that the rollbar will not deploy in case of emergency. When the rollbar is in the upright position, there is no need for deployment anymore and the lights will go out.

My rollbar was behaving exactly the way you described after I readjusted it, but it seemed very normal to me (considering the fact that the rollbar was removed from the car and the car had been running without the seats, airbag and dashcluster). The car detected lots of errors, but after the battery was disconnected for a while (with the rollbar in the down position), the system reset itself and I have no problems with the rollbar (or with the SRS) anymore.
Everything is functioning properly now; you might want to try the disconnected battery; the electrical systems of the early R129s are very user friendly and do not need the dealer’s computer to get reset after every little problem (like with the latter SLs).
I definitely would go back to the dealer that has changed the module first though!

greetingz,
www.MBenzNL.com
(the Netherlands)