View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 10:00 AM

The supercharger was almost brand new when I got so I understand so the oil should be okay.
My bypass valve is the early Bosch type off a Saab turbo, it operates by vacuum and blows open at about 6psi so I understand.
I've since put the blower back on for testing and took it off again. It only takes me 25min to install it now with everything plumbed in and running.
I've tested the idle noise by disconnecting the bypass valve altogether, this made it quieter, almost silent at idle so I will probably get a 2nd bypass valve installed as the one I have I reckon isn't big enough. I know I can buy bigger better ones's but I'm doin this on a zero budget.
Also I connected up the original airbox and that quietened down the inlet whine a lot too. I can't keep that on though cos its too big for me to close the bonnet now the supercharegr takes its place.
I'm gonna get a smaller airbox from my local breakers to fit in the limited space I have. Interestingly enough I noticed that most Daewoo's of all cars have tuned inlet pipes on their naturally aspirated engines, with 2 resonator pipes. Very strange but I may try 1 of these. Also I have found some heat resistant sound proofing that can be used under the bonnet to wrap things, so I may also get some of that too. I've also measured my pulley and I think I can get 1.5mm machined off it to reduce the diameter by 3mm, this I calculate should give me another 1psi almost.
Don't know why I thought this would be easy, I use my car everday and I no longer have a garage to park my car in so its nightimes outside with a torch till summer arrives.