View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cth350
yes, you move the cams. BUT, the crown of a US piston is flat. A euro piston has wave in the crown that improves airflow in the head and boosts the compression.
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you saying that the euro cams CAN be installed in a US-spec head? I was aware that the euro pistons are domed to increase compression, but in my case I prefer to keep the low compression pistons because the engine will be supercharged at some later date. The more aggressive euro-cam profile (so I'm told) would still be desired though.

Quote:
Speaking of which, the hottest stock M110 motor was the EFI engine from those 1973-1975 cars.
EFI? What models? The M110 came carburetted and with K-Jetronic CIS injection, but EFI? More info, please. D-Jet maybe?

Quote:
A fellow had a used set of euro pistons on ebay back in December. Only wanted 150$ as an opening bid. They didn't sell, but he cut a deal with somebody after the auction ended before I could. (darn) You can get the euro pistons new for about 125$ each from metric motors.
I know a guy that has a new set of euro pistons, but they're original size so you could only use them in a perfect block. He's had them so long that I'm sure he let me go relatively cheap (he's a vendor afterall, so they won't be cheap-cheap).

Quote:
When building an M110 motor, they invariably form a nasty ridge at the top of the cylinder; more so than the other benz motors apparently.
Good to know. I wonder if that's related to what I've heard about oil consumption and seapage past the valve guides. Can anyone shed some light on that?

Senen.