View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 01:38 PM

Steve,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebfl
If you are out of adjustment on the caster on the left, that is all you can do. Does it still drift? I am surprised you got .6 deg out of the caster with no change in camber. Should have made a couple tenths anyway.

If the drift is still there and bothers you, the alternative is to either fix your basic problem or finess it by increasing the length of the right side rod.
Drove the car to work today. It still does it; but less than before. Looks like I'd have to extend the right strut rod a turn or two from your earlier suggestion. Again, this would NOT change my toe settings, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebfl
Your original problem of too little camber is likely due to worn bushings on either the lower control arm forward bushing or the upper control arm. You probably should look at solving that problem. A worn ball joint might also cause the problem.
Lower balljoints, steering damper, all tierod ends, shock arbsorbers are also new. That leaves the lower control arm bushings (unlikely?), and upper control arms(UCA) left to check. I've bought the 4 outer bushings for the UCAs, so they'll be installed sometime this Spring, along with rebuilding the idler arm. How do I check the condition of the UCA balljoints? or yet, what are the typical symptoms of them going bad? I have that slack on the steering feel when going over bumps at slow speed that I have not able to identify.

Thanks,
Frank.