View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

I lived in LA for about 10 years. I moved out in 1997 and I can tell you that for most who live there, emissions are a very big thing. Due to the surrounding mountains, the inversion layer, the number of cars and the traffic problems, they take emissions very seriously. I for one and very much in favor of it. Right now I live in Dallas and if you live out side of the metroplex area, you do not have to have your car inspected for emissions. Gee, guess where everyone goes when they have emission problems? It’s crap. I see these cars going down the freeway all the time spewing noxious fumes. Yes there is a lot of red tape in the emissions system in CA but as far as I remember, it is working. Do to their efforts, the emissions for the rest of the country are a little bit better. They are the only state (their might be one more) that can have stricter emission guidelines than the national ones. They are the ones forcing the car manufactures to actually implement the technology that is available.

Nate,

Lowering a car does not necessarily make it safer. If your bumper is lower than the car/truck that hits you it will not do any good to absorb the impact.

If your lights are brighter they may help you see farther but they will blind the on coming traffic and possibly cause an accident.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.