Thread: Banks suck
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 06:07 PM

Banks suck

Seemingly, the only reason banks exist is to get our blood boiling. I've gotta rant here, as my local bank has done a marvelous job of getting me steamed this week. Here goes;

So I bought another car; went to the bank, got an official cashier's check which the teller had to type out. Sent check FedEx overnight to the seller of the car. He calls me to say that they have to hold the check for 12 (yes, TWELVE) days for the funds to clear!!! He's pissed (but understands how shady banks are), I'm pissed, he spent almost an hour on the phone trying to find out why an OFFICIAL check takes 12 days to clear, to which NOBODY can give him a straight answer. WTF??????

Isn't the reason that we have to go to the trouble of going to the bank in person, having a teller or the bank manager type up the check, etc...etc...so we DON'T have to wait almost two weeks for funds to clear?!?!?!?!?!? You'd think that with a phone call, everything should be verified, isn't that what all of these computers are for??????

So for all of the trouble I had to go through just to be told we have to wait twleve days for funds to clear, I might as well have written him a personal check and kept the $5.00 that they raped me of for the charge of the "official check".

It wouldn't bother me one bit to see every bank in the world go belly up tomorrow. They deserve it.