View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Strong, silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulkkonen
Everyone says in other posts that the 190e's are the worst designed Mercedes ever. <-- taken from some magazines. I had to laugh when I read it. My 1987 190e 16V had a bunk rear suspension when I bought it and the front suspension had a few balljoints that needed to be replaced recently. Total cost for rear(including rear hydraulic shocks) 400 bucks US. The front cost me 300 because I changed the front shocks at the same time. That is now in almost 4 years of ownership. Pretty impressive. My friends have had way bigger repairs on their Hondas and Cavaliers. So add it up, 400+300=700 bucks. That equals 175 bucks a years in needed repairs. Of course I am not including any oil changes or lubing of parts because every vehicle needs those. Oh I forgot to add my clutch that finally went after some hard driving by my brother. Shattered the disc lol. That was 350 bucks canadian. So, I dont know about anyone else, but that seems to be a good value. If you got stuck with a bad Benz, it probably wasnt cared for by the previous owner. Although, I have agreed that new Benzs have had electrical problems.
I am glad that you had a good experience with your Benz and that your experience confirms what most of us already know.

Hold on to your Benz. It may become a classic, at least that is what the writers at THE STAR magazine (Mercedes Benz Club of America) think. tehre was a nice story featuring your car model.

Good luck.

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!