Thread: bought an SL
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 01:02 PM

Well, I have been outside all morning cleaning the interior on the SL and trying to really get a feel for what I need to do, and in what order.
So far, there is a horrible power steering leak. The fluid if clear and clean because so much of it gets pumped out. That will be step 1. The kinderseat is missing some sort of snap to keep the backrest upright, so unless a little person is back there, the backrest flops down. It has a miss at idle, but runs strong otherwise. I feel the miss, more than hear it. The car is probably the grubbiest, nastiest car I've ever bought...the PO's 25 year old grandson had been driving it for several years and is the world's biggest slob. There is some rust, but none on the floors, and the only rocker rust is at the front jacking points. The beige carpets are cleaning up nicely, but there are 2 pieces of carpet missing...when you fold the front seats forward to get to the back, the floor is exposed...no carpets under the seats. The seat heaters don't seem to work, and the leather is torn up. I'm told the soft top is farily new...we'll see when I pull the hard top off.