Thread: Loose-yana
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Banned

Yeah, he's incarcerated in Texas, last I heard. Candy filed for divorce but it sure smelled like a way to protect assets, though I have no evidence of any sort. Rumor is that she is still loyal to Edwin.

Lots of folks in LA have said, with a bitter irony, that had Edwin been governor last year that the state and local governments would not have collapsed into a useless heap and LA would have gotten a lot of money that Edwin would have spread like peanut butter--a bit sticking to everybody.

I just returned from a brief visit to NOLA. The areas where I did S&R are undergoing an awful lot of home renovation and not a small number of cleared lots among them. Most of the laborers in those neighborhoods were the residents, I'd guess. I stopped and said hello to a couple of guys working on a small shotgun (type of house). they were cheerful and upbeat. I suspect that all of the folks with optimism and a work ethic returned and the thugs stayed in Houston.

New Orlenaians have a magical ability to maintain the same impossible traffic snarl on the interstate with only 1/5th of the population. How do they do that?