View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 10:23 PM
All Star User

Hey if you get a goodwill credit for a harness job, I will ask the people of greece to induct you as a god of mercedes harnesses...lol

Listen, my car is 1 owner, always maintained from dealer, all records, and they looked at me like I was stupid for asking for good will on my harness...even a discount seemed stupid of me to mention. North Vancouver mercedes deny's any sort of problem ever occuring with a mercedes wire harness. Mean while, after a long time of missed diogz by them, an indy told me that these car's came with enviro friendly wire harnesses which were meant to degrade over time. He showed me his parts computer and how the orignal part was no longer possible to order, and a new improved part had superceeded the previous harness.

I then contacted mercedes canada with my discovery and proof. They told me such a case had never come up, and they had no idea where I had come up with this claim from. When I pointed out the part's numbers and the old harness not being possible to order, I was told that over time, newer replacement parts do eventually change part numbers.... No credit, of discount, the problem simply does not exist and is normal wear and tear.

So I would love to see what response you get and the out come. Please share.

My outcome was 3000 dollars, for wrong north van mercedes diags, and indy mechanic diags time, part, and labour.....