View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
backwoods member

Other than for long term financial poverty, my decade in school was the best time. It included a kind of freedom that for me didn’t exist before or since. I love learning and found early on that the professors are actually there to help. Once I turned to them for guidance on the course work, not only did I do better academically, but I started to excel in the topics. In my late under-grad time and through grad school, lectures were usually fun.

I’m lucky to work with several good sized groups of highly motivated and well educated folks. I like the folks I work with, like the income and the duties related to the job. Learning is still a part of my daily life. Were it not for what is a largely happy work environment, I’d have long ago given it up to return to school.

For many you get to go to school for a while, and then spend the rest of your life working, for what seems only the opportunity to buy and pay for things you could probably live without, if you didn’t feel the need to compensate yourself for the time spent.....working….

At some point I’d like to teach at a CC or U. I was offered this opportunity in the past but couldn’t work out the scheduling..

'00 ML320 "Casper"
'92 400E "Stella"