View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLex
Thanks for all the replies. I purchased the car out of state, so it didn't come with a smog certificate. The seller claims the car passed smog in Ohio. But of course Calif is much stricter.

The make things more confusing, the mechanic who looked at the car intially, told me that the car needed a new cat. He said you could tell by the hollowed out sound and that the catalyst was empty. Well, when I had the car up on a rack the other day, I found a hole in the rear muffler. So that in of itself may account for the "hollowed out sound".

Thanks for the offer to have the car looked at in So Cal, but I'm in the Sacramento/PlacerCounty area. I'm looking for a good MBZ shop here.
I ran the Good Shops section (I am in Nevada County) all the way back looking for something. I took the car in for an oil change, (Supposedly the best shop in Grass Valley) and got in a big argument with them about how many quarts needed to be put in. Only won when I showed the service manual.

So I am looking too!!

Anyway the shop nearest according to Mercedesshop with the best recommendation came back to Stephens Service center, 5000 Elvas Ave. Sacramento, (916) 452-5068 The owner Tom supposedly hates dealers, has all the lastest MB diagnostic equipment, the shop is near 30th and old Sutter Hospital. He was formerly a MB dlr tech.

Second most often mentioned was Silver Star Motors, 7749 Fair Oaks Blvd Carmichael, (916) 944-0420

Also recommended was Richards Sutttgart Motors, 6518 Franklin Blvd, So. Sacto,. (916)391-8119

and spun off by a top tech from Stephens Service when their best tech decided to open his own shop, Capitol City European, 1725-33rd st. Sacramento, (916) 452-5811 Owner is Chris Weissensee

Apparently these got the Best Merecedesshop recomms.

No personal experience with any of them Good Luck

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)