View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 05:04 PM

Mythbusters? TV told us so it must be true? Sorry to intrude on your little thread here but I was passing and just wanted to say something about the mainstream media. No story goes into print or on air of over TV unless it conforms to the principles of corporate interest via the power of the editor to select and veto. This is why you will never see a story about how Burger king uses cow udders in it's meat paddies, never see a story about the very harmful effects of exhaust emissions, nor a story about how the acids in *Coke* will rot out your teeth if you drink too much of it. No TV presenter arrives at his or her station unless they are a proven boot-licker journalist willing to put aside all truth and principles in favor of their job. In a word, they are corrupt, much more so than the police or politicians are corrupt. If you doubt what I say have a look around because there are tens of thousands of journos who are out in the cold because they tried to tell the truth and were at odds with the editors they worked for. In journalism you get one chance, one warning, you conform and accept the editor's decision or you are fired, I am one of those who got fired/blacklisted.

A handful of people own all of the mass media in the western world now and it is definitely not in their interest to tell little people like you and I the truth about anything. TV is a system of consumer control it appears, it's sole purpose is to empty our wallet and keep us happy and distracted in the process.

As an interesting example... I now work in real estate sales, residential properties. In my city prices have been falling steadily over the last year and a half, they have fallen about 7% on average but with the high-end market showing a little improvement and up around 2%. I have never seen this important fact in the papers though, the papers tell me all is rosy now and after a slight slump prices are on the upturn. The papers are saying this to inspire consumer confidence and generate profits for all concerned. And guess what? I agree with them this time and I accept the lie as a truth, because I can't feed my family any other way.