View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 08:55 PM

Watch Out

A friend of mine, in Florida, sent me some info on a product called Bio Performance. It is promoted as some magic fuel enhancer. He claims to have increased his Corvette's average by 3MPG in just a couple of tankfuls.

I asked him if it was the same benzene product that some outfit is promoting as Diesel Secret, and he said that it is actually napthalene, and will not harm an engine, fuel lines, seals, or injector pumps. It is sold multi-level, and that is enough to scare me away.

By the way, the Bio Performance website does not mention the napthalene, but does encourage everyone to check out the income opportunity. At least it didn't as far as I read, which admittedly wasn't very far. I would guess that my friend is being mislead, and his upline would probably disapprove of his candor in regard to the "secret" ingredient.

I suspect this stuff is nothing more than snake oil, and is designed to take advantage of people's natural tendency to save money on fuel costs. These things crop up all over the place in time like these. Not saying the stuff you are telling us about is one of these scams, but be careful what you put into your tank.