View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth
i had heard some about it, and was pretty skeptical about it as it was so popular with the right wingers.

then i saw a small part of a show showing the filming of it with the "jesus" actor with the shredded flesh on his back and i knew i was not interested in watching a feature length film with a lot of that in it.

it has totally changed my opinion of mel gibson. i used to really like him but i now think him to be a racist.

sorry.

tom w
Agreed. I liked Braveheart a lot (I'm Scaw-ish, ain' I?!) but Mel flirts with the deep end a bit much for my taste. I have great respect for what Jesus did and went through. I don't need to see a blood and gore fest to enhance that.

Ever read the Last Temptation of Christ? The movie was ummm, OK but the book is amazing. It was written by Kazantzakis, the guy who wrote Zorba the Greek, also way, way better than the film. I'm glad I read the book first in both cases. The last chapter of Last Temptation was one of the most amazing experiences I've had from reading. It's a horrible cliche, but.... I felt like I was on acid, man...

Last edited by cmac2012; 05-24-2006 at 10:10 AM.