View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 10:46 PM
mattdave

A few things

Are the new bozzio nozzles CHIP nozzles or to be precise pintal I thought I read some place there not does any one know for sure? If one of your remanufactured nozzles nails something is wrong with it and you need to send it back to tom there are some simple OOPS that can cause this when remanufacturing used nozzles. Bosch warns against lapping the nozzles to restore there spray pattern. I thought this was because it would increase the amount of fuel injected causing heat issues. I did a small test where I installed one injector that popped at 1 bar 3 others that I think were popping at about 70bar and the fifth I left alone. While I did not get to put many miles on the car like that, it ran fine no loss of power no smoking no idea of fuel economy though or if fuel was fouling the oil. I picked the absolute worst injectors for this car they all just peed a stream of fluid. I find a lot of injectors from wrecked cars from pic-n-pull that are missing parts, assembled wrong or incorrect injectors for the car as verified by an injection tester that I am now of the opinion that injector problems are so over rated if they don’t nail there probably fine. I have another car engine that I can risk toasting and if the bozzio nozzles are not CHIP nozzles. Then I am interested in running some quantifiable test between a set of balanced NOS BOSCH injectors and these new Bozzio nozzles to see if there as good as the BOSCH injectors, so bad you can budget a new engine rebuild with in a year or somewhere in between. So are they CHIP nozzles or something else?
MJS DHS