View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-zel
I was driving the car for about one hour, then I parked it and wanted to drive it again about an hour later, and it did not start at all. The glow plug light did not even turn on at the dash board. I looked at some fuses, but I did not see any glow plug light fuses. I tried to start the car with a different key, but it still did not start. I also disconnected and connected back the battery. I don't know what else to look at.
Any help would be appreciated.
Joe
Had the exact same thing happen to me an hour ago. Left work and went to run an errand to the store. Came back to the car from the store 5 minutes later, proceeded w/ usual pre-glow sequence and I realized that the light never came on, I tried to crank it for a few, thinking maybe it was the bulb and it wouldn't start. Removed key and tried again, no pre-glow light. I popped the hood, checked some fuses and unplugged the main glow plug relay and re-connected it. Got back in the car tried again w/ the pre-glow sequence and after 1 second the pre-glow light came on, it went off on it's own and fired up no problem. Ran fine all the way home.

I'm gonna go by the stealer tomorrow to try to buy a new K40 relay.
'99 E300