View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 03:32 AM
1984 190E 2.3

Got a regulator today at Napa Auto Parts, who, incidentally, outperformed my beloved O'Reilly's in nearly every aspect. And the big conveyor belt running through made me feel like I was in some fantasy toy store.

I believe I have fried the battery that was in the vehicle because after replacing the regulator and leaving the house the car died about 4 miles down the road. No surprise, since I'd been charging and killing it several times while running to stores to get my problem solved. Dropped a new battery in there and car is running normally, but I won't know for sure until I have the batt/alternator checked tomorrow.

I did note, however, that the brushes on the old regulator were worn down to practically nothing, maybe 4 or 5 millimeters tall. Either that or the springs had given out. So I am pretty confident that the problem is solved.

Now all I have left to do is to replace the right rear window regulator, charge the AC, replace the left tie-rod end, replace the center vent bezel, fix the odometer, replace the shifter cover plate, and replace the illumination bulbs in the climate control box.

Heh. Looks like I'm in for a hell of a weekend.

Thanks for a your help, folks. I'm pretty confident you'll be hearing from me soon.

Gabe