View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Waitn For The Bus All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeck
I know what you mean about being tempted to sell. I am sort of in the same shoes as you. I bought an 85 300td wagon with 150k miles on it last month from the original owner. I buy and sell antiques and need a wagon to pick up stuff, plus I love these cars. They have such a classy Connecticute look. I paid $3100.0 and put another $1200.00 to get her in shape(valve adjustment, filters, plugs tires etc)so I got $4300.00 in the car. I now discovered she has the beginings of rust! I pulled a few of the lower moldings off and see some spots. So now I need to do that. I know I can get for this car EBAY somewhere between $6500.00 on the low side up to $8500.00. So I am debating in my mind daily if I should fix the body or sell her. I know if I spend more money on something like bodywork that will be it, it will be the point of no return. If I am going to sell it now is the time because I can still make a couple thousand. So my wife and I talk about this every day. I say well I do need a wagon, and she says sell it for 7k and go buy a Buick roadmaster for $3500.00 whcih would be alot more comfortable. And speaking of comfort, I have a new Chrysler and I see a big difference driving the new car from the old Benze, dont get me wrong, I love the old MB Diesels, but they just dont feel as responsive and comfortable as a brand new anything.
Kobeck:

A brand new Kia is nice until it gets a little use on it.

Keep the MBZ.

I'm in the same biz as you and find the wagon very useful and economical too.

Cheers,

Bill