Thread: GM foodfight
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon 300D
So there's no evidence that the GM corn crop had any effect on those monarchs? I didn't realize that.
I'm unsurprised that you didn't know. The press and environmentalists made a HUGE deal out of the preliminary results. It took a couple of years to conduct difinitive research. By then, the impact was ingrained in the mind and the press and enviros had moved on to new issues. That is par.

Speaking of monarch butterflies, remember when destruction of the forest habitat in Mexico was going to cause extinction of the monarch? Again, the wackoes and their lackies in the press overstated the potential for disaster and failed to note the lack of disaster when it didn't occur. I'm not saying that the monarch habitat wasn't worth saving, far from that. I am increasingly preservationist as I see habitat destruction and the loss of genetic diversity as twin rails running our train to hell in a handbasket (gawd, I love mixing metaphors!). I just don't like abuse of science to engineer desired outcomes.