View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Diesel way of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGraham
I figured out how to operate it, it was in the owner's manual. I am the typical guy... I hate reading directions LOL. I'm planning on replacing the entire sound system anyways with a cd player and some new speakers.
You are indeed the typical guy.. lol You will enjoy your new sound system, but pay attention to how the install goes. I would run new speaker wires. I just bypassed my factory fader, and the sound isn't what it could be, since there is only a front/rear two speaker setup from the factory, not a fl/fr/rl/rr setup like there should be.
Quote:
Before I learn to speak Mercedes, I should learn how to speak German, so I can read all the freaking lables under the hood .
There are quite a few of them, aren't there???

Quote:
As for the ALDA, I'll keep up my searching, but I am also going to purchase a service book on the car. I would assume the process would be in there, complete with pictures.
I wouldn't bet on the procedure being in a service book. I think it's something just learned from doing. Anyway, you can check here too. http://ken.kdharris.net/kdhbenz/alda-adjust/

For the fuel gauge, remove the sender in the tank and clean it out. Should help, I got a ton of black crud from inside. For the dash lights, clean the bulbs, and people are reporting good results from painting the reflectors white or even covering them with aluminum foil.