View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkast
Eventually I'll upgrade the plugs, but the loop plugs seem to be working for now. The accelerator linkage seems a bit wacky. If you press the stop button, it can not depress. From my memory the linkage seems to move less than my other 240, but I can not directly compare them because my other Mercedes is on the other side of the state. The rod that runs to the injector pump has a max travel of 1 inch or so. Can somebody compare that to their car and let me know if it is close?

Is there any chance that the lift pump, or drive for the Injection pump could have failed? Thanks. –Bryan
You can check the lift pump by disconecting the return hose and seeing if any fuel comes out when you pump/crank. And cracking the injector lines as others have said will tell you if the injectors are getting fuel. If you really want to elininate the lift pump you can get a plastic bucket type thing with a spigot to hook your fuel line to -- the one that supplies the IP. Put some diesel in the bucket and lift it up to give you some pressure while you crank it.

Your linkage definately looks wrong with those springs. But cranking it at WOT, as others say, should get it at least some fuel I would think.

1984 300d 223k
1994 Jeep Cherokee 2.5L 88k

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've added some special modifications myself." -- Han Solo

"Would it help if I got out and pushed?" -- Princess Leia