View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Rollin' on 16s

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklyspeaking
Out of curiosity...when the lower pan is removed can you get a good look at the crank sprocket to make sure the chain is not wrapped around it? I ask this, because if it were, it may have taken up all of the slack, and the chain might still look to be tensioned properly.

The other thing I am wondering is if the IP could be bound up...the chain also passes by it on the way to the bottom sprocket.
Yes, I got a good look at the sprocket and the chain was on it properly. I loosened the Injection pump, but could not get it to pull free. It was rotating freely however, so I tried turning the engine, but it was still frozen. If it was the IP that was stuck I think it should have twisted when I was trying to turn the engine. How is the IP removed? I can pull it all the way out of the car and try again.

I have found another 240 engine close to here for $100 being sold by a person that I have had good service from in the past. I would still like to put a 617 turbo in it though...

1982 300SD - 232K miles - Wife's Daily Driver

1986 560SL - Wife's red speed machine