View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufflespank
which tools and what size sockets exactly do you guys use to pull your intakes on your 603's? This will be my first time. I plan on pulling and cleaning the injectors, replacing injector nozzles, replacing glow plugs, and tweaking the ALDA.

P.S: Where can I get the gaskets for the intake manifold? I can't seem to find them on Fastlane. Am I blind?
See the 6th post in this thread on the MBCA forums for directions on how to make your own tool for the intake manifold bolts. I found that someone had previously fought some of the lower bolts and some were slightly stripped. I found Helmann replacements at Lowes in the loose bolt drawers. They were 12.9 bolts so stronger than originals and they were a perfect fit. I bought half a dozen and replaced any of the originals that were at all stripped.

I bought one intake manifold gasket from ********az and then later bought a backup from MB (Caliber Motors). The MB gasket was thicker and of a different material. I would buy it from MB directly. You will also want to buy a replacement crossover (or charge air pipe as the service manual calls it) to intake manifold gasket. The ones that MB has are also improved from the original design.

edit.. Had a phone call in the middle of my reply so didn't see the part numbers posted above. The clips are cheap so I would buy a few spare of each. They aren't the easiest things to get on. It helps to have curved needle nose pliers. You will also want to buy some spare plastic injector line clips and rubber injector line pads as they tend to disintegrate when removed from the injector lines. gsxr has good photos with part numbers here. There are also pictures of the clips installed if you browse the directory and look at ..clips1, 2, 3.

I believe the service manual shows 25Nm for intake manifold tightening. That's at 14-1310.pdf, which you might be able to find on the braingears website.