View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 10:55 AM
88Black560SL

107 Rear Seat Installation

Gentelmen

I have a 1986 560SL with an aftermarket rear seat installed. The installation looks extreamy questionable to me. I have enclosed pictures of this installation. If anyone has pictures of a factory installation, I would certainly appriciate it. I couple of things I'v noticed are:

1) Belts are installed with Grade 5 SAE bolts.

2) The seatbelt bolt ends at the center do not sit flush to anything leading me to belive holes were just drilled anywhere convinient in the chassi to mount them. There apeares to be some kind of factory mounting plate above the center belt mounts that is not being used.

3) The belts come through a non factory made hole in the side pannels that was made just above what apears to be a factory made hole that has a slot so the pannel can be removed without removing the belt. On the current setup I have to remove the belt to remove the side pannel commpletely.

John Roncallo
Attached Thumbnails
107 Rear Seat Installation-overallbeltinstall.jpg   107 Rear Seat Installation-centerbaltdetail.jpg   107 Rear Seat Installation-driversidebeltdetail.jpg   107 Rear Seat Installation-rearleftinteriorcover.jpg