View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 04:52 PM

I did one of these installations, looked alot slicker than that. Yes there were the factory tapped holes/gussets that I used for the belts, and I seem to remember just trimming vinyl in the side panels for the slots. Can't remember what year the SL was, I think mid to late 80's, not as late as 89 though. Pretty sure it was a 560. Option now is what? Repair the holes already cut or replace panels. I can't see if they DID use the threaded holes, or they missed all of those too? Then you have holes to fill. Myself I'd be happy with the Grade 5 bolts, but there is always debate about shear strength, etc. My thought is that if a Grade 5 ain't gonna cut it (in an accident), you're gonna have alot worse things to worry about. Grade 5 I think the shear characteristics might be more what you need in an accident. But make sure they used the factory locations for both sides of the belt. I think the seat was sourced from BHMA (Beverly Hills Motoring Accesories), not sure, owner provided part. Guy wanted it for hauling grandkids.
Gilly