View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 09:49 AM

Vibration at idle after IP leak fixed.

Hi,
First and foremost, this forum has been an awesome source of info for helping to get my car back into shape. What a great resource!

Now to the good stuff...yesterday I replaced the rubber o-ring seals and copper crush washers on the IP for cylinders 4 & 5 (closest to firewall) on my '93 300D (OM602). The Haynes manual says these guys have to be tightened down to 35Nm (26 ft-lbs) so I tightened them down 30Nm, loosened, 30Nm, loosened, and finally torqued a third time to 35Nm.

There doesn't seem to be much more noise than before, however, the engine vibrates more than before at idle. Is this due to some air in the fuel lines that needs to work itself out? Do I need to re-torque the valve retainers on the IP?

I wasn't sure of the exact torque settings...doing a search here turned up values from 30Nm to 30ft-lbs. Anyway, I'm gonna drive the car for a couple more days and then if the vibration is still there, I'll most likely re-do the job.

Any ideas or advice on what I should do would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
2002 Golf TDI

Last edited by TrboDieselPwrd; 08-08-2006 at 05:20 PM.