View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 02:14 PM
I like OM603's

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNeon View Post
I clearly stated that I don't like polished turds; the truth of the matter is that ***CARS LIKE THESE ARE CONSIDERED 'RESTORED' BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC*** and the prices reflect it. It doesn't help that eBay basically does nothing about it and lets these people get away with it.

Krylon looks good in pictures if you spray a layer of clear over it, and Photoshop is easy to download and use.

That whole rant was basically me saying it isn't illegal, it isn't unfair and it isn't even frowned upon by the folks that run the website-- It is not the place to buy a car and we all know this.
Oh I know iNeon, it wasnt directed at you, I'm just stating how crappy it is that this guy is getting away with it, but I think people are starting to catch on, his cars are getting relisted over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riethoven View Post
My daily driver is also Barollo Red. I will be selling it soon to make room for the 1987 300TD that I just bought for my wife, and I will take her 1985 300TD because it is in better overall condition. I have Euro bumpers and a trailer hitch for it that I will install.

Did you paint it yourself? When you say you pulled the trim off, does that mean the trim around the windows?

Sorry about the hijack.
No problem, actually the car started life as Orient Red, but when I redid it, I used a Mercedes CLS color, Bordeaux, 1, because Orient Red was hard to mix right and was hard to computer match, 2. the Bordeaux matched my Marauder better. I had it painted by a friend who paints for a local high end car dealership. I removed everything, trim strips, aluminum trim etc. Most of it has been reinstalled, some of it is at the polisher.
11 GT500