View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 10:24 PM
1983 300SD, 4 speeed

When I did mine I got alot of water out of the passenger side drain and not more then a steady trickle out of the drivers side. I posted on here in a new thread about the experience. (success...sortof). Any way before I even started I replaced the drain on the drivers side because the foam fell apart. I used clear tubing so I can see what is coming out. I also hooked up the shop-vac to this drain and sprayed into the evap housing to try and get things moving along. I shop-vaced inside the housing from the passenger side also. I accessed the evap through the blower moter housing after I removed it. I am getting cooler temps from the vent on high speed but I have to run it on low then high, then low... takes awhile. Oh yeah this is with the main air vent shut to 100% recirculating. I reinsulated the expansion valve with new foam insulation and cleaned the ETR switch probe off. I am getting ther but I'm not sure what else to touble shoot, still searching this board and the manuels for ideas. I think I have a good charde as I get 40* at the vent with 92* ambient and low fan speed. I think I may have to go with plan"B"..... dig into the dash. If it was just me I would be ok with it and work it out but sometimes I carry my 17mos. old around and these 90-90 days in the Carolinas can be brutal.

When looking at the evap housing from the drivers side I can see the front of the evap, but I wasn't sure about spraying water from that side as it looks like the run off will run down the vents. Any suggestions? Also, it seems like both drains should be flowing the same, is that true?

1983 300SD, 4 speed
1994 C280
1987 300TD wagon
1996 HD Road King

Ride in Peace Eric Peterson, Harley of Macon